March ninth, 2021
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM CT
After a turbulent yr that roiled the financial system, and the well being care sector greater than most, the Democrats emerged with management of each the White Home and Congress for the primary time since 2014. Enterprise leaders and in-house counsel at the moment are turning their eyes to Washington and questioning what adjustments the following 4 years will deliver. Be a part of us on March 9, 2021, as a few of our most skilled legal professionals talk about what the change in administration might augur for antitrust enforcement and for well being care particularly. Subjects to be mentioned embody:
- What will we learn about Biden’s high-level antitrust and well being care appointees? What coverage shifts are probably?
- Will there be a return to nearer coverage alignment between the Federal Commerce Fee and the DOJ Antitrust Division?
- Will the Biden administration try to reverse some Trump-era mergers within the hospital sector?
- And what in regards to the pattern towards better focus in pharma—will this be allowed to proceed?
- Will there be a retreat from the DOJ’s sturdy protection of patent-holder rights and obvious indifference to alleged “patent thickets” in branded medicine and biosimilars?
- Can we anticipate the federal government to press model title drug producers to permit generics better entry to samples for R&D functions below the CREATES Act?
- Will there be a brand new emphasis on single-firm enforcement in well being care below an “abuse of dominance” strategy?
- Whither Hatch-Waxman patent settlements in view of the California “Reverse Funds” Legislation? Is there room for a federal position right here?
- Can something be finished to assist mitigate the rising value of third-party discovery, particularly in antitrust and IP circumstances?
- What are the potential implications of the latest repeal of McCarran-Ferguson antitrust immunity for well being insurers?
Questions? Please contact Christine Berndt at
CBerndt@RobinsKaplan.com or 612.349.8404.